- Investing can help kids fast track their future
- How custodial accounts work
- Investing tips
- Getting started
Investing is a great way to fast track a kids future by helping build financial indepedence while learning about money, investing, companies and the world! Warren Buffett bought his first stock in a compay at age 12 and it helped him learn principals to make him one of the greatest investors of all time.
How custodial accounts work
Stocks can be a great way to help kids to understand the world, teaching them about the companies and industries that their portfolio is a part of. It’s a great way also to teach kids topics like diversification and patience, because markets rise and fall but historically speaking, continue upward over the long term as history has shown us
- Diversify It is best to maintain diversification so no single investment’s performance can have an oversized impact your returns;
- Be Patient because markets rise and fall, you want to invest for the long term rather than expecting you can make money in the short term; and
- Invest in quality companies, index funds and themes that you believe have a positive future.
. ### Getting started Loved is an app offering custodial investing for anyone under 18. Using a custodial UTMA account, kids get their own investments that an adult controls until they turn 18.